Thursday, April 18, 2013

New Home, New State, New Coastline, New Projects... #1 The Entryway

Pin It

The Entryway






Soooooooo after about a month of being in my NEW home in with the Hubster a NEW state on a NEW coast line (yeah Fl to WA…. Farrrrrrr away from my roots!) my crafty craftiness was coming back to me… after constant searching for “Console Table” “Entryway table” and “Foyer table” on craigslist and this new site I found about (offerupnow.com)  I finally found one.. 
about 40 minutes away from our home.. yeah I wanted it that bad. I mean I had been looking for WEEKS and one Saturday morning when my Hubby was out to the field for 2 week long training {I will tell you his reaction to the entryway surprise later} I hit up craigslist because that morning I was
D-E-T-E-R-M-I-N-E-D to make it to a garage sale and the night before I saw a few postings for a garage sale in the area and that they would be posting the address first thing in the AM. So off to craigslist I go. NOW this is where I kind of deviated from my plan, maybe it was the weeks of searching to the point it has become a habit I keyed in “Entryway table” and hit Enter. Much to my surprise… A NEW LISTING… only 30 minutes old!!! I JUMPED ON IT! Now… getting the kids ready in a flash yeah I am that good ;) and typed in the address in my navigation, btw, Washington weather is a lot bleaker than my native Florida weather… needless to say it was soooo cold this particular morning! Now I finally get there, and I knew before getting there that this would be a task.. I mean getting this 7ft long entryway table in to my Explorer with the twins in tow would be no easy task. Now.. I would like you to meet Charlotte.

A beauty she is. Solid and sturdy, Queen Anne Legs now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the darker wood colors and under normal circumstances I would not have changed Charlotte.. Maybe touch up a few spots but other than that nothing else. But these weren’t normal circumstances… Charlotte is going to be FRONT AND CENTER of my home; she will be the first thing that people see when they enter my home. So I had to make her stand out. So after the 40 minute drive home with the babes {meet my babies}

and my new addition (that the Hubs didn’t know about) we arrive home, carry it in the front door, put it in its new home, stand back for a few minutes and visualize…think about what I want to see when I walk in the front door… because this is what I have been seeing…
and it has been driving me crazy for almost 2 months now. And I think what will go well with other colors? What is timeless? What will make this pop and still be subtle? Well… after pondering for the rest of the night, I realized what color Charlotte was going to be painted… she now had a date… With whom you might ask?
KRYLON!!!! {I love this stuff! I love how fast it dries the coverage it provides the colors that they have and did I mention how FAST it dries??? I am a true Krylon girl at heart.}
But yes, Charlotte had a date with 3 cans of Krylon Black Satin Spray at about 10am and this girl had a date with her Keurig and Folders Vanilla Biscotti and Cinnabon creamer! (if you haven’t tried that stuff you should, it is such an awesome combination!)

note I did not prime the wood at all now, you can, I normally do but this time I really wanted to test my love of Krylon (and if it turned out horrible I would have had to get out my handy sander) ready to see the results of the 3 cans of Black Satin Krylon and an unprimed 7’ stained wood table with gorgeous Queen Anne Legs and 2 hours of my time? {btw, 3 cans became 3 coats of spray paint, along with some touchups, now remember I did not prime this piece but this was my way of testing just how AWESOME Krylon is) and here are the end results of my efforts…


Now even though she is still drying in this picture isn’t she a Beaut? I mean she is gorgeous! And I must admit when my Husband came home {sooner than expected because he had some things to take care of on post} his first words were “How much did this cost?” lol! Thanks Babe, love you too… he really got worried when I didn’t want to tell him… and mumbled the start of “fif—” and to my readers please know that I normally do not spend a lot of $ on a piece unless it is REALLLLLLLLY worth it but this table… quite simply put… WAS WORTH IT.
Would you like to see the new and improved Charlotte in her new spot in her new home?
{I have more work to do in this area but it is coming along nicely don’t you think?}



I found 99% of the items on this table at thrift stores: the large G, Candle Sticks and candle pillar were from Value Village. The picture frame was from goodwill. The turquoise iron bird a
$5.00 find from a flea market from back home the only thing that was not from a thrift store… the blue ball mason jar, that is courteous of eBay… yeah I broke down and bid for a set of 3, with free s&h…. {cringes…} $27.00… yeah but the other two are up in my office waiting to be used but that one right there… holding those gorgeous colorful tulips holds them so well! Like no other vase could have done. {just agree with me here, justify me!!} The only thing I did not paint that was bought from the thrift store was the large G, Browsing the aisles at Value Village I look down and it is like it smacks me in the face and I had to have it not bad for 3 bucks! These wooden candlesticks were originally from pier 1…and were originally $20.00 each?!!!! (I only know this because the sticker was still on the bottom of them) Ummmm not this chick! I Scored them both from the VV for $6.99… I’ll take that! And the candle pillar holder was $1.99 from VV and the {now} smoke grey picture frame was $1.89 from Goodwill it was that grungy gold color you always see on old frames.
What you don’t see are the next projects up for the entryway… the DIY Mirror and what is going to be going underneath the table…… I will try to get those done and posted asap, I just have to get a few more items to get the projects done… miter saw box, liquid nail, moulding, more Krylon, wall screws, a gallon of bright white latex paint green frog tape.

Now, for the sake of the upcoming DIY’s what brand has the
brightest white latex paint in your opinion and what have you used it on?

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Stay In Touch

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

LP

Lil\'Luna Cast Party Wednesday
Daisy Cottage Designs